[Slackbuilds-users] python-certifi and python3-certifi

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 18:57:05 UTC 2021

On 1/2/21, Benjamin Trigona-Harany <slackbuilds at jaxartes.net> wrote:
> python-certifi now has Python 3 as a mandatory dependency, which makes
> python3-cetifi unnecessary. I'll be removing python3-certifi, so maintainers

Is is still going to support python 2, or did upstream drop python 2
support? If it's become python 3 only, it's going to break some or all
of these builds:

https://slackbuilds.org/advsearch.php?stype=revdep&q=python-certifi

If that's going to be a problem, maybe there should be a new
python2-certifi or python-certifi-legacy build, with the last version
that supports python 2.

If it's not a problem, no problem, forget I said anything...