[Slackbuilds-users] Updating a slackbuild

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 12:23:50 UTC 2021

Il giorno mar 19 gen 2021 alle ore 13:08 Iain Wilson via
SlackBuilds-users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new here so please be gentle!
>
> I've updated the hyperscan slackbuild to use the latest version 5.4.0
> and i noticed that by default the slackbuild won't build HSCollider
> which is an important testing module in Hyperscan. This is because
> Slackware64-14.2 doesn't ship the required PCRE 8.41. Hyperscan will
> build and use PCRE 8.41 if the source code is available in the hyperscan
> build directory and i've made a simple patch for this, but my question
> is whether it's frowned upon to wget files from within a slackbuild script ?

Hi Iain,

yes, it's generally not allowed to silently/not silently download
stuff from within a SlackBuild script but you can put an additional
download link in the hyperscan.info file to indicate that additional
tarballs are needed and the handle them appropriately from within the
SlackBuild: you can check, as an example, the fontforge.SlackBuild,
that has multiple download links for similar reasons

https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/graphics/fontforge/

Matteo

P.S. No need to say that, as usual, modifications to the SlackBuilds
on SBo will be accepted during submission only if they come from the
maintainer (or if the maintainer has explicitly agreed).