[Slackbuilds-users] vlc had a security update

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sat Jan 23 16:09:05 UTC 2021

Hi Jude,

That's my mistake. libcgcrypt is shipped in Slint as in Slackware, but last
time I built it I forgot to comment out the line that removes the libtool
archive in the SlackBuild shipped in Slackware64-current.

I will rebuilt the libgcrypt package right now then upgrade vlc, so you'll
just have to type as root:
slapt-get -u
slapt-get --upgrade
and if vlc was removed:
slapt-get -i vlc
or
slapt-get --install-set slint

Cheers,
Didier

PS next time you are aware of a security hole in a package shipped in Slint
please let us know on the Slint mailing list instead of upgrading locally.