[Slackbuilds-users] Bad character in snappy.info

Arnaud arnaud.garcia-fernandez at laposte.net
Thu Jun 10 16:45:16 UTC 2021

> If we use UTF-8 for names in Spanish, where does it end?
>
> I cannot easily recognize UTF-8 names in Chinese or Thai or Russian or
> Japanese.
>
> My keyboard does not easily support such languages.
>
> If we allow UTF-8 names in SlackBuild scripts then how about UTF-8 in
> documentation and descriptions?
>
> Where does it end?
>
> I would hope that we keep the English language as a standard for
> software that I can, read and write and that matches my keyboard.
>
> Richard Narron

	Well,mostly, you do not need to write people's names, and you could
always easily cut and paste them.
So it could stop at them names.

	To be noted that UTF-8 email addresses are valid, per the standard, so
we can't really forbid UTF-8 in EMAIL field, so .info files should be UTF-8
valid, hence MAINTAINER field could also have UTF-8.

	That being said, as a rule, everything should always work with UTF-8.

 - Yth.