[Slackbuilds-users] brace expansion

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 22:56:25 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021, 1:51 PM Spycrowsoft <spycrowsoft at gmail.com> wrote:

> Op 16-06-2021 om 21:09 schreef Eugen Wissner:
> > Pat changed /bin/sh to /bin/bash in all
> > rc-scripts, so they work with other shells.
>
> We should confirm this with Patrick Volderding, but if he's doing that,
> my take on the matters is: "Follow what the BDFL is doing".
>
> The fact that the SlackBuild contains a pointer to the right shell also
> makes sense to me.

Here's the changelog entry.

a/sysvinit-scripts-15.0-noarch-2.txz: Rebuilt. Use #!/bin/bash for these
scripts so that bashisms don't cause script issues if /bin/sh is some other
shell. Thanks to mumahendras3. rc.S: Use GazL's proposals for
detecting/mounting /proc and /sys.

I'd prefer to allow bashisms and just use a /bin/bash shebang with the
SlackBuilds.

Jeremy