[Slackbuilds-users] brace expansion

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 17 07:35:41 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 09:51:41PM +0200, Spycrowsoft wrote:

> Op 16-06-2021 om 21:09 schreef Eugen Wissner:
> > Pat changed /bin/sh to /bin/bash in all
> > rc-scripts, so they work with other shells.
>
> We should confirm this with Patrick Volderding, but if he's doing that, my
> take on the matters is: "Follow what the BDFL is doing".

Yes it's fine to start *rc* scripts wih #!/bin/bash.

All other scripts should start #!/bin/bash -p

The reason being, plain /bin/bash will import functions from the environment.
These functions will supplant commands of the same name (e.g. rm, mkdir).
/bin/bash -p does not import functions.

Cheers ... Duncan.