[Slackbuilds-users] Heads-up: rdiff-backup update to 2.0.5 - Incompatible with 1.2.8

Ricardo J. Barberis ricardo at palmtx.com.ar
Sun Mar 21 22:33:58 UTC 2021

El 2021/03/21 16:25, Rich Shepard escribió:
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2021, Ricardo J. Barberis wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure, I've been its maintainer for a very short time only.
>> Let's see what other people on the list say about this :)
>
> Ricardo,
>
> I've been using dirvish <http://www.dirvish.com> for more than 20
> years.
> It's based on rsync and Just Works(TM). Looking at your rdiff-backup
> page it
> does the same thing as dirvish. So I'm one Slacker who has no need for
> rdiff-backup.
>
> HTH,
>
> Rich

Hi Rich!

I'm not gonna drop rdiff-backup, since I use it @home to backup my
laptop to an USB drive and @work to backup remotely. It uses rsync's
protocol but it keeps differential (a.k.a. "reverse incremental")
backups instead of hard-linked copies.

I'd like feedback from people actually using rdiff-backup to see if an
upgrade to 2.0.5 will be too disruptive, or if a -legacy package is
warranted.

Thanks!
--
Living la vida Linux!