[Slackbuilds-users] Issue building qgis

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Oct 2 20:27:58 UTC 2021

On Sat, 2 Oct 2021, King Beowulf wrote:

> On 14.2, make sure you know which gt5 you have installed (and make sure to
> compile with qtwebengine support). also, if you upgraded qt5, you need to
> recompile qt5-webkit. You may also need to have libwebp installed before
> compiling qt5.

Ed,

Ah, I have the latest qt5, but probably installed it without the web engine.
I guess I'll recompile qt5 and the webkit. Sigh. Takes hours even on my
comparatively fast host with 32G RAM.

> on the SBo, qgis page, there is also a warning to be sure to compile
> some dependencies in the correct order.

> On Slackware Current, qgis may be a bit easier.
> https://github.com/Ponce/slackbuilds/tree/current/gis/qgis

I need to get this project to a client before spending a day or so wiring
the new host and installing -current on it, then copying over /home, /opt,
and /data.

Thanks,

Rich