[Slackbuilds-users] Upgrade 14.2 to TexLive2021 or just biblatex?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 13 17:24:50 UTC 2021

My LaTeX/LyX documents throw a Biber/biblatex error when compiling with
pdflatex. The issue is having bibliographic database entry labels with
apostrophes, such as O'Conner. This was fixed in Biber 2.2 but the 14.2
version is 2.14. (Apostrophes in other value fields are okay as they're
enclosed in curley braces {}, but the cite key/label isn't.)

The latest biblatex and Biber (3.16, 2020-12-31) is included in TeXLive2021.

Could I build the -current TexLive2021 in 14.2? Or should I upgrade
biblatex/Biber to 3.16?

Rich