[Slackbuilds-users] Upgrade 14.2 to TexLive2021 or just biblatex?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 15 12:41:05 UTC 2021

On Fri, 15 Oct 2021, Franzen via SlackBuilds-users wrote:

> Biber is in texlive-extra, so if you use the package from Didier, and
> build
> https://github.com/Ponce/slackbuilds/tree/current/office/texlive-extra you
> should have a complete texlive2021 on 14.2

Thank you, Franzen.

There is a bug in the default 14.2 Biber that has been fixed in newer
versions. I downloaded a copy of Biber-3.16 and am looking for instructions
on how to use it to upgrade the installed version.

The issue is when a record in the bibliographic database has a name value
with an apostrophe; e.g., '@Article{O'Conner,' because it has no closing
curley brace (that's at the end of the entire entry. Apostrophes in any
other key:value pair are accepted because the value is enclosed in curley
braces.

I'll take your advice and use Ponce's texlive-extra.

Regards,

Rich