[Slackbuilds-users] updating gis/proj?

Greg' Ar Tourter artourter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 21:07:15 UTC 2021

Rich, this is not really what I am asking.

I have taken over the maintenance of several of Ben's scripts, some of
which can be updated to newer versions, especially proj.

proj  version 8 has removed something that had been deprecated for quite
some time but was still accessible to allow devs to modify their code. Now
it is no longer available and therefore some packages can no longer be
compiled as they haven't been modified. This is the case for
openorienteering-mapper.

What I am asking the admins/list is whether it is ok for me to submit an
update if a package that depends on it will suffer until a patch is found.

Greg