[Slackbuilds-users] make -j${NUMJOBS} discussion

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Sun Apr 3 19:09:27 UTC 2022

> I see no logical reason not to use -j${NUMJOBS} for those sources that
> support it, and set -j1 as the default.  This is a decision that can be
> left to the buildscript maintainer to determine from testing. It does
> not need to be, IMHO, an arbitrary global rule.

It may not be a problem for those who only use small number of scripts
from SBo, but we have to deal with ALL of the scripts during development
cycle which is more than 8k.

if every maintainer do their job properly, we could have repo 15.0
released as same day as Slackware 15.0 gets released just like what we
had with 14.2. Unfortunately that's not the case.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo