[Slackbuilds-users] openjdk8 compile (either manually or via sbotools) failing at openjdk7

Lenard Spencer lenardrspencer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 04:56:54 UTC 2022

Matteo, I got it slightly wrong.  The openjdk8 script (don't forget the
patch I posted) does NOT need gcc5, and it builds u322b03 (a beta
version).  The OpenJDK8 script I submitted to SBo is u322-ga, and while it
doesn't use icedtea, it DOES require gcc5.  Both will require
zulu-openjdk7, since I have yet to solve the problem of the 32-bit build
linking against the default gcc11 libstd++.so.6 (in /usr/lib) instead of
the one in gcc5.  It worked back in early June, though.