[Slackbuilds-users] openjdk8 compile (either manually or via sbotools) failing at openjdk7

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Wed Apr 6 13:14:43 UTC 2022

On 6/4/22 17:42, Habs wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2022, Christoph Willing wrote:
>
>> On 6/4/22 06:00, Habs wrote:
>>> java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry CRC (expected 0x3943b2a7 but
>>> got 0xc7a06d31)
>>
>> This looks like you're inadvertently using the wrong set of source
>> files. Each new openjdk version has a new set of source files, many of
>> which have no version number (openjdk.tar.bz2, corba.tar.bz2, ...) so
>> your build system can easily pick up the wrong source file.
>>
>> chris
>
> Good morning all
>
> I do not doubt the comment above, but in this case, how could it be
> unless the slackbuild source links are out of step/compromised/whatever.
>
> As I mentioned, it is a clean physical machine freshly installed and
> then updated - no other [java related or other slackbuild addons etc]
> downloads prior - and simply the source files linked in the slackbuild
> info.  Each slackbuild individually run using 'su -' (rather than using
> sbotools or similar) as required.  I don't even get to try openjdk8 (or
> download anything for it) as apache-ant, gcc5 and openjdk7 are listed as
> required first.  It is openjdk7 that is failing in that chain as such.
>
> That all said, I will go back and check the sources, though I think that
> has been done by Matteo.

OK, good to know the sources are correct.

I thought I'd have a go at building it (I haven't used it for quite a
while now) and the first thing I noticed was that all the source
tarballs for the last version I'd built some time ago were still there.
Clearing out old source files was a task I always had to remember to do
back in the days when I used it a lot.

Anyway, the first build I did just now was in a VM and it built with no
problems. After that success I've started building it on my daily
machine. It has already progressed way beyond the point where the
infamous "invalid entry CRC (expected xxxxxx but got yyyyyy)" usually
appears. As far as I'm concerned it's done.

I'm sorry that news is no solution for you but at least we can say that
there's no difference in outcome whether building in a VM or on a
physical machine.

chris