[Slackbuilds-users] Viking slackbuild

Frédéric Falsetti falsetti at clansco.org
Wed Apr 6 14:36:19 UTC 2022

le Tue, 5 Apr 2022 21:08:29 +0200
Roberto Puzzanghera via SlackBuilds-users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> a écrit :

> I contacted the maintainer of vikings, because the current version was
> published in 2015, and got no response.
>
> I also browsed both the pending and ready queue and didn't find any
> update. It seems like it is not maintained anymore.
>
> Can I take it over? I would be my first package
>
> Roberto

Hi Roberto,

I use 1.10 version, modifying the Slackbuild  :

  I only had to comment the patches lines :
    #patch -p1 < $CWD/remove-mapquest.patch
    #patch -p0 < $CWD/viking-1.6.2-gpsd-3.18-fix.patch

  and get 15.0 > Libraries > liboauth (1.0.3)
  that is required.

I'm interested in using mapquest, but I haven't tested.

--
Frédéric Falsetti