[Slackbuilds-users] openjdk8 compile (either manually or via sbotools) failing at openjdk7

Habs gen-bch at useyouresp.org.uk
Thu Apr 7 10:23:12 UTC 2022

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022, Lenard Spencer wrote:

> Since openjdk6 and 7 can no longer be built at this time, I would have to
> say drop them for now.  openjdk8 can be built if you have zulu-openjdk7
> installed and adjust BOOT_JAVA to point to /usr/lib(64)/zulu-openjdk7 in
> the script.

good day all

Just on the off-chance, I decided to have another go this morning.

Openjdk7  build completed.

So to clarify between previous and this successul attempt:

Previously, immediately after installing slackware 15, I ran 'slackpkg
upgrade-all' to bring the release up to latest changes.

Then I left it running and moved onto a laptop I used and connected up to
it remotely using ssh.

Then I tried the openjdk7 build.  Four attempts (inc reinstall Slack 15
plus upgrade plus tweaks suggested on here for the build) failed.

For this mornings successful build of openjdk7 I reinstalled slackware
just as previous, but I did *not* update it (slackpkg upgrade-all).

Nor did I use 'ssh' and just did the build at the console.

So the differences are 1) I was at a console on the machine and not via
ssh and 2) I did not run 'slackpkg upgrade-all' (which installs a new
kernel etc) following the install.

Perhap in these two differences is a/the reason.

- environment of ssh (which I doubt is an issue as it's never been a
problem previously so why with Slack.15)

- 'slackpkg upgrade-all' is introducing an 'incompatibility' issue (eg.
perhaps with gcc5 ?)

It's all I have at my level of competency  .

Regards
Habs