[Slackbuilds-users] openjdk8 compile (either manually or via sbotools) failing at openjdk7

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Thu Apr 7 12:17:56 UTC 2022

On 7/4/22 18:41, Arnaud via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 22:24:19 -0400
> Lenard Spencer <lenardrspencer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Since openjdk6 and 7 can no longer be built at this time, I would have to
>> say drop them for now.  openjdk8 can be built if you have zulu-openjdk7
>> installed and adjust BOOT_JAVA to point to /usr/lib(64)/zulu-openjdk7 in
>> the script.
>
> Well, I wouldn't say it can no longer be built, because it can, but we still haven't figured out why it fails for some and not for others.
>
> I *might* have a lead though.
>
> I usually use a tmpfs for my builds.
> I tried with a real drive, not tmpfs.
> And, well, it worked, I've just build openjdk7.
>
> May some other share if they are using tmpfs for TMP ?
> And if so, does the build works if they don't just for this time ?

I don't normally have /tmp as tmpfs and the build has consistently
worked OK.

I just tried with /tmp as tmpfs and had a few failures because of
insufficient "disk" space. The reason is quite explicitly explained when
it happens so I don't think that is OP's problem.

Eventually the build succeeded when I had 10G allocated (it used ~8.3G)
and the build was quite a bit faster (23mins vs 36mins).

chris