[Slackbuilds-users] building luarocks for different lua versions

evandrofisico evandrofisico at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 19:06:05 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone.

Just installed slack 15 and while testing my own slackbuild scripts, I saw
that now we have both lua 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 in the repositories, and all of
them beautifully capable of being installed side by side. I heavily use
luarocks as my build system for lua, and it is usually configured with a
specific lua runtime/version, said configuration happening during build
time.

I believe I've seen this asked before, but in such cases, what is the best
option? to provide a flag on the building script, enabling the user to
select which version to build the package for, to provide multiple scripts,
or try to detect the installed versions?

--
Evandro Alves Rodrigues
Doutor em Física