[Slackbuilds-users] openjdk8 compile (either manually or via sbotools) failing at openjdk7

Luc Van Rompaey luc.vanrompaey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 13:10:01 UTC 2022

Op vr 8 apr. 2022 om 14:18 schreef Luc Van Rompaey <luc.vanrompaey at gmail.com
> [...]

>> for a
>> > while and that I'm only just getting ready to install Slackware 15.0 on
>> my
>> > new computer.
>> > Thus, for now, I cannot do any tests involving Slackware myself.
>> >
>> > Anyway, I remember looking into the different Apache Ant releases just
>> > before life interfered, and I was about to try and figure out how the
>> Ant
>> > releases and the (Open)JDK version did and did not go together. I hadn't
>> > gotten far enough to draw any final conclusions, though, and I hadn't
>> taken
>> > any meaningful notes yet.
>> >
>> > This ongoing discussion reminded me that I had sent in an update to the
>> > apache-ant slackbuild when I took it over. According to the SlackBuilds
>> > history, it had been at Ant version 1.9.9 until then, and I updated it
>> > 1.9.14. Now, if I remember correctly, I had successfully compiled
>> OpenJDK 7
>> > (and subsequently 8) before I took over the apache-ant slackbuild, and I
>> > don't believe that I have ever recompiled them since then.
>> >
>> > Anyway, to cut a long story short, I'm now wondering if, perhaps, the
>> > problem may have anything to do with the Apache Ant version. In other
>> > words, the build fails with Ant 1.9.14, but it may still complete
>> > successfully with Ant 1.9.9. May be worth a try. Then, if that works, I
>> may
>> > attempt a build with the latest Ant 1.9.x revision (currently 1.9.16)
>> and
>> > see what gives. In any case, there's no point in trying the build with
>> Ant
>> > 1.10.x, since that cannot make sense of any Java run-time environment
>> older
>> > than, I think, Java version 8 (and, consequently, the Java environment
>> > provided by gcc5).
>> >
>> > If anyone wants to try out the OpenJDK build with Apache Ant 1.9.9 while
>> > I'm getting ready for Slackware 15.0, the Ant versions can be downloaded
>> > from https://archive.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/
>> >
>> > Let's hope we can work this issue out.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Luc.
>> >
>> Good day all
>>
>> I can confirm that using 1.9.9 does not resolve the issue from my attempt
>> a short while ago.
>>
>> Regards
>> Habs
>>

>> --- Sent using Alpine/Pine, probably the best MUA ---
>>
>> My Tox Messaging Id:
>>
>> 9F10AC64260ADEBAEA017ACB71B7CD2E962596FC4293025C0F79D77FFEB4CE5C7B0BED41D925
>> Get a client here: https://tox.chat/clients.html

> I have just successfully built openjdk7 on a freshly installed Slackware64
> 15.0 system, with no system updates installed yet.
> The apache-ant version is 1.9.14 (as currently provided by the slackbuild).
> I'm using a 24-GB tmpfs for the "/tmp" location.
>
> I will next update the Slackware64 system and retry the openjdk7 build.

After I updated the Slackware64 15.0 system, the openjdk7 build fails:

java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry CRC (expected 0x3943b2a7 but got
0xc7a06d31)
at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.readEnd(ZipInputStream.java:413)
at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(ZipInputStream.java:195)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:107)
at sun.tools.jar.Main.copy(Main.java:822)
at sun.tools.jar.Main.update(Main.java:584)
at sun.tools.jar.Main.run(Main.java:224)
at sun.tools.jar.Main.main(Main.java:1231)
gmake[8]: ***
[/tmp/SBo/openjdk7/icedtea-build/openjdk/hotspot/make/linux/makefiles/sa.make:86:
/tmp/SBo/openjdk7/icedtea-build/openjdk.build/hotspot/outputdir/linux_amd64_compiler2/product/../generated/sa-jdi.jar]
Error 1

This confirms earlier reports from others.

Regards,
Luc.