[Slackbuilds-users] SBo 15.0 git kig

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Fri Apr 8 20:38:03 UTC 2022

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022, Konrad J Hambrick wrote:

> I am seeing that multimedia is misspelled as multimedir on the pipe-viewer
> entry.
>
> But that could be my simplistic LC_ALL=C environment :)

No, that was a plain old typo, my fault. I normally have a script
that prefixes my commit message with the category and build name, the
"multimedia/pipe-viewer: " part should have been generated by that.

If I didn't have such a script, there would be *many* bad commit
messages from me...

However, pipe-viewer was a new submission (not an update to an
existing build), and at the time, the submission form on the site was
closed. So I submitted it via git (which is not normally allowed, even
for admins), and had to type the message manually because my script
wasn't smart enough to handle new submissions via git... and obviously
I fat-fingered it.

It happened a couple months ago. IMO, it's not really worth rebasing
everything to fix that one typo. Willy, what do you think?