[Slackbuilds-users] extra files in $PKG/install

Habs gen-bch at useyouresp.org.uk
Tue Apr 12 08:39:37 UTC 2022

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022, B. Watson wrote:

> Sorry, this turned out to be longer than I expected. But I think it
> covers the issue in enough detail that it's worth it...
>
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2022, Giancarlo Dessì wrote:
>
>> I think this could be a singular issue in your system. I have built
>> hudrends of different slackbuilds but no files like these exist (I searched
>> in / and in /tmp/SBo). Sometimes I check and empty the directory but I
>> never found files like these.
>
> You wouldn't have seen this on Slackware 14.2 or earlier; it's caused
> by a change to installpkg that happened in 2018 (so you might have
> seen it on pre-15.0 -current, if you ran that).
>
> It's happened on two different 15.0 systems here. It's not a problem
> with my setup, it's a problem with a few specific SlackBuilds. So far,
> I've discovered it in:
>
> multimedia/l-smash
> network/ipxnet
> system/freeipmi

good day folks

finding all SlackBuild files (on the repo snap created by sbotools) and
then some grotty line grep and sed stuff on each SlackBuild, reveals only
those three builds mentioned above having anything other than slack-desc,
doinst.sh or douninst.sh put in '$PKG/install'.

it was a basic attempt to get a rough picture on this issue reported, so
some 'may have got through' the sift.

regards
Habs

grep pattern  '>$PKG/install/' or '> $PKG/install/'

sed patterm   '/slack-desc$\|doinst\.sh$\|douninst\.sh$/ d'

--- Sent using Alpine/Pine, probably the best MUA ---

My Tox Messaging Id:
9F10AC64260ADEBAEA017ACB71B7CD2E962596FC4293025C0F79D77FFEB4CE5C7B0BED41D925
Get a client here: https://tox.chat/clients.html