[Slackbuilds-users] extra files in $PKG/install

Giancarlo Dessì slack at giand.it
Tue Apr 12 15:56:18 UTC 2022

Il 12/04/22 00:24, B. Watson ha scritto:

> Sorry, this turned out to be longer than I expected. But I think it
> covers the issue in enough detail that it's worth it...
>
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2022, Giancarlo Dessì wrote:
>
>> I think this could be a singular issue in your system. I have built
>> hudrends of different slackbuilds but no files like these exist (I
>> searched in / and in /tmp/SBo). Sometimes I check and empty the
>> directory but I never found files like these.
>
> You wouldn't have seen this on Slackware 14.2 or earlier; it's caused
> by a change to installpkg that happened in 2018 (so you might have
> seen it on pre-15.0 -current, if you ran that).

[cut]

I'm afraid, you are right!

I tried l-smash just now and an "installpkg-..." directory appears
including the README file.

I didn't know about this problem, I use current since several years, I
don't know if this is important, but I never met this fact.

Giancarlo Dessì
https://www.giand.it
https://twitter.com/gian_d_gian

Slackware Linux... because it works!