[Slackbuilds-users] Admins - Question about Brave browser

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Fri Apr 15 21:58:11 UTC 2022

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022, Andrew Payne wrote:

>> You could make it optional and add something like the following to
>> the slackbuild:
>>
>> if [ "${BRAVE_MIME:-yes}" = "yes" ]; then
>>   echo '
>> if [ -x /usr/bin/update-mime-database ]; then
>>   /usr/bin/update-mime-database usr/share/mime >/dev/null 2>&1
>> fi' >> doinst.sh
>> fi
> Thanks Dave, I'll do that.

Please, no. This is extra work and complexity for something that
doesn't *do* anything at all (see my previous message).

Adding this won't hurt the SlackBuild (it will still work), but it
will act as a red herring, a thing that will confuse users and cause
them to think it's somehow important, and waste their time trying to
decide what option to choose.

In reality both options are the same: nothing happens to
/usr/share/mime/mime.cache at all, either way.