[Slackbuilds-users] 'Correct' download link from Github?

Ruben Schuller sb at rbn.im
Sun Apr 17 12:42:02 UTC 2022

Hi,

2022-04-17 Ozan Türkyılmaz <ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com>:

> Paz, 2022-04-17 tarihinde 09:33 +0100 saatinde, Dave Woodfall yazdı:
> > No policy yet AFAIK but you can find the release tag (add /tags/ to
> > the end of the URL) and then do something like:
> >

> I remember a talk about content disposition (and how wget ignores it
> by default) and github links should give same file with or without
> content disposition. I dont remember when thou. My memory is not as
> it used to be.

I think the decision was that scripts should assume content disposition
is used. I usually use

tar xvf v${VERSION}.tar.gz || tar ${PRGNAM}-${VERSION}.tar.gz

(or the other way around..) in my scripts to catch the case when it
isn't. I think it's fine, either of those tarballs should be MD5-checked
anyway.

Cheers
Ruben