[Slackbuilds-users] netdata fails to build

Luveh Keraph 1.41421 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 14:04:23 UTC 2022

The problem starts with the protobuf3 package. When this package is
installed, the netdata build framework assumes that the new cloud protocol
(whatever it is) is to be used. It therefore defines some internal symbol
that causes it to attempt to include the mqtt_wss_client.h file. This file
is part of the netdata source code - but only when the netdata source code
tarball has been created correctly from the netdata git repository - i.e.
with something like git clone https://github.com/netdata/netdata.git
--depth=100 --recursive.  At any rate, the tarball that one downloads using
the link specified in slackbuilds.org for netdata does not contain that
include file (nor the ancillary source code files) hence the build failure
that I reported.

In a nutshell, such as things currently are, under Slackware64 15.0 the
latest release of netdata will not build if protobuf3 is already installed.