[Slackbuilds-users] BOINC fails to build [configure step]

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Wed Apr 27 19:48:50 UTC 2022

On Wed, 27 Apr 2022, Alessandro Baggi wrote:

> --with-wx-config=/usr/lib$LIBDIRSUFFIX/wx/config/gtk3-unicode-3.0
>
> this path really does not exist after wxGTK3 installation (statically
> compiled).

You're right... but why'd you compile wxGTK3 statically?

If there's a common use case for it, if lots of people are compiling
wxGTK3 statically, the logic for detecting the correct wx-config
will have to be updated (in *every build* that uses either wxGTK3 or
wxPython)... I still haven't finished updating all of them to have the
detection at all, so if I've got to change my approach, better to do
it now.

For those unaware: the problem is that both wxGTK3 and wxPython
install a /usr/bin/wx-config symlink that points to a "config" shell
script that spits out things like CFLAGS and linker flags for linking
with that version of wx*.

For years now, we've had a situation where SlackBuild that need wxGTK3
won't build, if wxPython is also installed and was installed after
wxGTK3. The --with-wx-config stuff is an attempt to fix this.

During the run-up to the 15.0 repository, I added detection code to
quite a few (but not all) scripts that depend on wxGTK3 or wxPython,
so they'll build with the correct wx version, regardless of the order
they were installpkg'ed in.

Are lots of you compiling wxGTK3 with STATIC=yes?