[Slackbuilds-users] [SlackBuilds] plan9port overwrites system defaults (and that isn't documented)

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 07:36:30 UTC 2022

Hi David,

not to be polemic and also I'm not a native speaker but you said just
"replace" and, IMHO, "replace" means "replace" and the plan9port package
doesn't seem to replace anything.

as for the precedence plan9port installs a couple of /etc/profile.d files,
plan9port.csh and plan9port.sh to let its own man page get loaded (the
tools have the same names so there's no other way, short of renaming
everything): if you wish to read the manpages of the other packages
nstalled in your OS you can, in alternative:
- remove the plan9port package
- remove those files in /etc/profile.d/
- read the man pages you want specifying before the invocation of man an
empty MANPATH variable, like "MANPATH= man whatever"

Matteo