[Slackbuilds-users] Timeshift: runtime error

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Fri Dec 9 09:18:01 UTC 2022

Hi,

Le 09/12/2022 à 09:43, marav a écrit :
> Hi all, hi Antonio
>
> Timseshift 22.06.5
>
> During the snapshot process, due to the lastest glibc, the program crash
>
> *ERROR:/tmp/SBo/timeshift-22.06.5/src/Utility/TeeJee.Misc.vala.c:516:string_replace: code should not be reached **
> **Bail out!
> ERROR:/tmp/SBo/timeshift-22.06.5/src/Utility/TeeJee.Misc.vala.c:516:string_replace: code should not be reached **
> **[1]    22025 IOT instruction  sudo timeshift-gtk*
>
> Reported here:
> https://github.com/teejee2008/timeshift/issues/937
>
> The version 22.06.6 solves the issue
> https://github.com/teejee2008/timeshift/archive/22.06.6/timeshift-22.06.6.tar.gz
>
> The project has been moved to LinuxMint, so we have to wait until the Mint team
> releases a new version.
> https://github.com/linuxmint/timeshift

They did and I have packaged it:
https://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-15.0/source/timeshift/

Sorry no SlackBuild (I build it using slkbuild) but you get the idea.

As an aside, I mentioned grub-btrfs as optional dependency but won't use it,
instead I am writing a shell script doing the same, i.e. including boot entries
for the snapshots created by Timeshift in the GRUB menu, that will also serve as
a front-end to Timeshift itself, allowing to list, create, delete and restore
snapshots. It will have a text menu to help users relying on a screen reader or
braille device, but I digress.

Cheers,
Didier