[Slackbuilds-users] Concerning 15.0 and 14.2

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 20:51:15 UTC 2022

On 2/1/22, Luveh Keraph <1.41421 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What happens to 14.2? No Slackbuilds packages for 14.2 will be updated any more?

Correct. 14.2 slackbuilds.org branch is already considered frozen,
not getting updated. We just don't have the time/energy/resources to
keep updating builds for previous versions. The same thing happened
before 14.2 was released, at some point we stopped updating for 14.1
and started gearing up for 14.2 (at which time, the submission form
was closed, just like it is now).

>From a user's perspective, it might look like we jumped the gun and
started updating everything for -current a bit too early... but it's
been (and still is) a lot of work to get everything ready for 15.0.

Remember we are a small team of unpaid volunteers...