[Slackbuilds-users] sqg fails

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 16:04:43 UTC 2022

On 2/7/22, David Chmelik <dchmelik at gmail.com> wrote:

> root at .cosmos:~# sqg -a
> Processing all SlackBuilds in the SBo-git repository...parallel: invalid
> option -- '-'
> parallel [OPTIONS] command -- arguments
>          for each argument, run command with argument, in parallel
> parallel [OPTIONS] -- commands
>          run specified commands in parallel
> Done.

This means you have 'moreutils' installed, and you built it with
PARALLEL=yes. There are 2 completely different 'parallel' commands,
one is from the Slackware parallel package and the other is from
moreutils... you've got the wrong one.

To fix it, you can just 'slackpkg reinstall parallel'.

Interesting that sqg uses parallel, I didn't know that.