[Slackbuilds-users] [SlackBuildsOrg/slackbuilds] academic/sage-bin: Updated for version 9.4 (PR #1160)

Christopher L Duston christopher.duston at protonmail.com
Wed Feb 9 01:57:15 UTC 2022

I have a question here - we have build packages for both sage (maintained by me, built from source and takes forever) and sage-bin (repackaged binary, presumably installs nearly instantly), both now updated to 9.4. Is there an obvious reason why one of these should continue and the other should not? Or is it of maximum benefit to have both?

I do have a second question - I've checked 9.4 on Slackware 15 and it installs fine, so no changes needed from 14.2 (github currently shows the 9.4 version). Do I need to submit patches for 15.0, or will it be included automatically?

Thanks.

CLD

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.