[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild cloning source from git

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 22:48:25 UTC 2022

Ugh, the Gmail app is making it impossible to reply inline, so it's going
above.

Programs that use subprojects will still need to be manually downloaded and
moved into place. You can see an example of this (with a lot of subprojects
-- 38 if I counted correctly) with my redeclipse SlackBuild.

Due to the massive number of submodules, I listed them all in a separate
file, which helps with both maintenance and building of the package.

https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/games/redeclipse/

My glPortal SlackBuild has far fewer submodules with only 4, so I handle
those individually within the SlackBuild

https://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/14.2/games/glPortal/

Hopefully these examples will help.

Jeremy