[Slackbuilds-users] libupnp version update

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Sun Feb 13 23:07:30 UTC 2022

On 9/2/22 17:18, Ozan Türkyılmaz wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> here's the patch for libupnp: version update and dont ship *.la files.
> I would like to hear OK from vlc and openclonk maintainers. Upnp burned
> us one.

It has just burned us again and same for libmatroska. I've just had to
update the vlc SlackBuild to remove both libupnp and libmatroska from
the REQUIRES list since the new versions both break vlc compilation.

In future it would be much better if you could test your updates with
the SlackBuilds which depend on them _before_ submitting. It's better to
have late updates, rather than updates which break other SlackBuilds.

Sometimes that's not easy when there are many dependent packages to
check. However vlc seems to be the only SlackBuild with hard dependency
on libmatroska and libupnp's only hard dependencies were vlc &
openclonk, so I would say that checking your updates with so few
dependent SlackBuilds is not a big task to expect.

chris