[Slackbuilds-users] libupnp version update for vlc

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Wed Feb 16 07:59:40 UTC 2022

On 16/2/22 16:05, Ozan Türkyılmaz wrote:

> Christoph Willing <chris.willing at linux.com
> <mailto:chris.willing at linux.com>>, 16 Şub 2022 Çar, 06:43 tarihinde şunu
> yazdı:
>

>     I'm still confused about libupnp - you mention version 1.8.7 but the
>     latest in master (which I'm using) is version 1.14.12. Can you clarify?
>

> I have tested a lower version. I am sending a patch for it now.

Thanks Ozan,

That older version 1.8.7 of libupnp works fine with vlc.

Bill,

I explicitly cc'd you (as new vlc maintainer) in case you weren't aware
of the connection between this libupnp thread and vlc.

The current version of libupnp in master branch (1.14.12) causes build
failure of vlc so I removed it from vlc's REQUIRES. Ozan has ascertained
that an earlier version 1.8.7 enables a successful build of vlc - which
I have just confirmed. Therefore when the libupnp SlackBuild in master
is updated to use 1.8.7, libupnp can be restored to vlc's REQUIRES.

In a similar vein, I removed a recently updated libmatroska from vlc's
REQUIRES for the same reason. Again, Ozan has further updates to libebml
& libmatroska which I have tested succesfully, allowing them to be
restored to vlc's REQUIRES when Ozan's updates hit master.

You will see some unnecessary code about needing to compile without
libebml (which is required by libmatroska) that some admin has recently
added to the vlc.SlackBuild. I never experienced that problem with
libebml installed and as far as I'm concerned (not that I am anymore)
the unnecessary filtering of libebml should be nuked out of orbit.

chris