[Slackbuilds-users] lbench

David Chmelik dchmelik at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 05:30:51 UTC 2022

On 2/16/22 9:25 PM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> The lbench benchmark program is one SlackBuild that doesn't compile for
>> me on Slackware 15 or 15+current from SBo-git. [...]
>>
>>      I hope it will be updated but I also hope to see a version that
>> works on X/TWM, not only Wayland/GNOME.  The lbench author told me GNOME
>> might take up 1% or 2% CPU system resources, but for me, that's too
>> much.  When I run benchmarks I turn off all but certain hardware &
>> logging daemons... I guess because I'm more interested in mathematics
>> than engineering, that I want an accurate benchmark--to five numerical
>> places (as in science and professional engineering) not an approximation
>> to 98%.
>>      Does the maintainer use this listserv, and what do they or anyone
>> think about that?
> It built fine on 15.0 VM also on my -current desktop
A day or two ago it also built fine for me but now has several
dependencies not in Slackware nor SBo but for some reason not required
to compile, such as libclutter-gtk.

    "libclutter-gtk dependencies:
    libc6, libcairo2, libclutter, libcogl20, libgdk-pixbuf, libglib2,
    libgtk-3, libwayland"--Michael Cornelison (lbench creator.)