[Slackbuilds-users] xjadeo fix for build with new portimidi 2.0.2

Franzen slackbuilds at schoepfer.info
Mon Feb 21 16:56:13 UTC 2022

Hi Matteo,

> maybe I'm missing something I just tried but it seems to link to
> porttime already if it finds portmidi installed...

This seems to be the case since this commit to portmidi:
https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/patch/?id=ea1c6894e221ed242ecd9308f0c5cf9779961463

I think it would be better to fix the apps to use libportmidi instead of
rely on a compatibility link(and remove that link again) to libportmidi.
I grep'ed through the tree, following apps use portmidi as dep or
optional:
MuseScore
hatari
hydrogen
mame
mixxx
odamex
pd
prboom-plus
pygame
seq24
xjadeo

 From these, following i have build sucessfully(because already patched,
or because these don't look for libporttime) without the compatibility
link: xjadeo,seq24,pygame,MuseScore,hatari.

My idea was to also check/patch
hydrogen,mame,mixxx,odamex,pd,prboom-plus.
This is the best time to do this i think.

What do you think?

Johannes