[Slackbuilds-users] Is Ekiga being phased out of SBo

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 13:27:57 UTC 2022

I haven't been able to get Ekiga to work any more since end of March
2021 after updating this machine to latest -current (at the time). I
eventually managed to get it compiled and installed, but then when
trying to connect to any sip account it crashes.

When trying to recompile it now I noticed that ponce's SBo git repo now
doesn't have Ekiga or Opal any more. Do I take it that Ekiga is now
being phased out from SBo? I guess it makes sense as the upstream code
hasn't been updated for a few years.

I would be ok with switching to another SIP client - but haven't found
any so far which actually work properly. Linphone installs fine, but
when I try to add a SIP account, it just doesn't do it. No error, nothing.

Any suggestions for a SIP client, or how to get Ekiga to work again
please? I would prefer a client which supports multiple accounts - but
frankly at this stage I would try anything. Thank you.