[Slackbuilds-users] Slacker reporting for duty

David Chmelik dchmelik at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 08:17:57 UTC 2022

On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 at 23:32, Roger Krowiak <roger.krowiak at gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi guys,

    I've never maintained any app, but I'm willing to help. So, do you
    have any *easy going* app to maintain, which I can pick up? Also
    some mentoring would be welcome.

    I've been using Slackware for a while and I've got moderate BASH
    skills too. And - I'm here to help :)

    Any ideas?

I think one SlackBuild being removed for 15 (still useful) is
gtk-chtheme, which the maintainer told me he quit (probably forwarded
here) but also suggested newer similar programs like lx-appearance.  I
refused to take over because until I program graphical user interfaces
(GUI,) I avoid maintaining/fixing GUI SlackBuilds, but a GTK theme
changer could be considered important (GTK, Qt being the top two GUI
libraries used in many/most X, KDE & etc. programs.)
     Last year I offered anyone can take over roguelike games Angband
and perhaps Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (DCSS) as they changed too much
(for my liking.)  I'd then make 'angband-retro.' Actually I heard you
can still play removed fantasy races in DCSS, not scoreable (fine, but
it seems they always remove stuff and replace with something simpler or
bizarre) so I'm not entirely sure I'm giving up DCSS (maybe for a
roguelike game enthusiast.)

David (Darwin(Elf))