[Slackbuilds-users] Write SlackBuilds with Github tags as source

ltlnx.tw at gmail.com ltlnx.tw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 13:42:36 UTC 2022

Hello,

I've encountered a problem when writing SlackBuilds for fcitx5 -- the Github
releases only has tags, not tarballs. However, tags downloaded from Github
don't have the package name in the filename. For example, if I want to
download version 5.0.18 from their "Releases" page[1] by clicking on "tar.gz"
on the tag, the downloaded file would have the filename "5.0.18.tar.gz", as
opposed to "fcitx5-5.0.18.tar.gz".

In this case, should the Slackbuild assume the filename
"fcitx5-5.0.18.tar.gz"? Or should I change it to only assume the version
number ("5.0.18.tar.gz")? TIA.

Best regards,
Wen-Wei Kao (ltlnx)