[Slackbuilds-users] rtl8821ce: Reason for removal

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 22:43:16 UTC 2022

On 3/4/22, Dave Woodfall <dave at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> On 04/03/22 20:36,
> Andrzej Telszewski <andrzej at telszewski.com> put forth the proposition:
>
>> I have a report from a user that some recent commit from the upstream repo
>> builds fine on 15.0.
>> I'm not actively using this driver any more, so I cannot test it on real
>> HW, but I surely can try building it.
>> Would you like me to try it out and report back?
>
> Please do.

Actually, I went ahead and re-added rtl8821ce (and rtl8188eu, removed
at the same time), using the latest git. It builds correctly on 15.0,
but I can't tell if it actually works because nothing I own has the
hardware it's a driver for.

If you (Andrzej, or anyone else who owns this hardware) want to test
it on hardware, clone the SBo repo, then "git checkout urchlay", then
run the SlackBuild from there... or if you wait a day or two, it'll
get merged to git master (easier to deal with, if you want to use a
tool like sbopkg).