[Slackbuilds-users] Pitivi not running

Luiz Carlos Ramos lramos.prof at yahoo.com.br
Sat Mar 5 18:01:10 UTC 2022

Hello,

today I tried to upgrade Pitivi version to the last one, and it turns
out that the final binary (in fact, a Python3 script) didn't run,
showing signs of a missing matplotlib.

Digging a little bit, one found that the problem was on two
dependencies, kiwisolver and cycler, which didn't have the Python3
version built.

I could solve it including in these packages a command to build Python3
bits along the Python2 ones, like that:

     python setup.py install --root $PKG
[+]  python3 setup.py install --root $PKG

and rebuilding kiwisource and cycler.

Conversely to what the error message points, it seems there is no need
to install the whole matplotlib. By the way, the current matplotlib SBo
lacks Python3 support.

Hope it helps,

Luiz Ramos
lramos dot prof at yahoo dot com dot br