[Slackbuilds-users] Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH for zulu-openjdk11

Erich Ritz erich.public at protonmail.com
Wed Mar 9 15:01:27 UTC 2022

------- Original Message -------

On Friday, March 4th, 2022 at 11:32 AM, Erich Ritz via SlackBuilds-users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> Hi Sébastien,
>
> Would you consider adding the patches attached (and also at https://gitlab.com/ErichRitz/slackbuilds/-/commits/zulu-openjdk11) for zulu-openjdk11?
>
> Currently this is the only thing I have setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and it prepends a ":", which in effect also adds "." to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, which I don't want. This patch first checks if LD_LIBRARY_PATH is empty before setting it to account for this.
>
> The second patch is fancier and only adds ${JAVA_HOME}/lib/server to LD_LIBRARY_PATH if it doesn't already exist. With my setup contents of /etc/profile.d end up getting sourced more than once. If you don't want to take this patch that's fine.
>
> The same argument goes for MANPATH as well (patches 3 and 4).

Hi Sébastien,

Actually patches 3 and 4 (modifications to setting MANPATH) are not correct - they break man.  If MANPATH is defined, it needs a leading or trailing ":" so that /etc/man_db.conf is still used.  So the MANPATH setting is already correct.

I also discovered that "man" can find the man pages even when MANPATH is unset:

$ MANPATH= manpath
/usr/local/man:/usr/man:/usr/lib64/zulu-openjdk11/man

So perhaps MANPATH doesn't need to be set at all?

Erich