[Slackbuilds-users] mathics/dependencies (mpmath, python-django-legacy)

David Chmelik dchmelik at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 10:11:27 UTC 2022

I immediately drop mpath, python-django-legacy: now unneeded for mathics.
     Seems only documented way to install is pip, which doesn't seem to
work in SlackBuilds, and since you can install it yourself w/pip, I may
drop mathics unless its programmers/developers/engineers finish
instructions.  They write you can install it from GitHub, but it's
undocumented, and they admit the documentation is unfinished.
     Their main repository says it's 'now "mostly" in archive' and link
a new one, Mathics3--which is actually Mathics 4--and a new one with
more stuff, mathicsomnibus (which would be the one I use, but this is
all getting rather confusing/obscure.)