[Slackbuilds-users] Has 15.0 dropped chromium?

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:22:15 UTC 2022

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022, 9:59 AM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> I could not find chromium in an SBo repository and it's not part of the
> core
> distribution. Is it no longer available for use in 15.0?

Chromium was rarely updated, so it was removed from SBo in 2018.

https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/log/network/chromium?h=master

If you want to continue to use chromium, Alien Bob keeps chromium packages
and his SlackBuild available on his repo.

http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/chromium/

If you are fine with regular chrome, as already mentioned, Pat makes his
SlackBuild for it available in extra/, or ruario has his excellent
latest-chrome SlackBuild.

https://gist.github.com/ruario/9672759

Jeremy