[Slackbuilds-users] No ssvnc for 15.0 in slackbuilds

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 21:27:53 UTC 2022

On 3/14/22, Luveh Keraph <1.41421 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am afraid that I am not competent for that responsibility - I know how to
> use common sense to patch C files by hand, but I have no clue about
> whatever software engineering tools to be used to get the job done for
> distribution.

Common sense is all you really need. If you can patch C code, you can
check that a SlackBuild runs correctly, makes a valid package, and
that the software it packages actually works. That's what a maintainer
does. That, and every once in a while check for newer versions and
update the script for them.