[Slackbuilds-users] Has 15.0 dropped chromium?

Logan Rathbone poprocks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 18:53:48 UTC 2022

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 01:26:33AM EDT, David Chmelik wrote:
[reversed top-posting, for readability]
> On 3/13/22 8:18 PM, Duncan Roe wrote:
> > google-chrome is in 15.0 extra, as it was in Curent.
> >
> > Cheers ... Duncan.
> Yes, but that's now significantly old, after maybe security issue(s)
> found/fixed.

Not so; the google-chrome SlackBuild in /extra simply takes the dpkg
that you must manually download from the official Google servers, and
converts that into a Slackware tgz package that matches the version of
the dpkg downloaded.

>     Eric (alienBOB) is on Slackware team, so one can trust his newer
> versions with fixes.

These are very high-quality packages as well, but they are de-googled.
This may be against the grain around these parts, but for me, half the
reason I *do* use Chrome is to get the Google Account integration.