[Slackbuilds-users] Slack 15 gui-ufw not working with webkit2gtk

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 19:31:33 UTC 2022

On 3/14/22, royal.post via SlackBuilds-users
<slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> I compiled all the requirements, when trying to run gufw from a term, after
> putting in the root password, nothing happens the GUI doesn't appear, and
> there are no messages at the term.

You sure you don't get any messages when you run it from a terminal?

I see multiple issues. /usr/bin/gufw is a shell script that launches
the real executable with pkexec, and tries to grant access to the
local X server using loginctl as part of the logic...

I think none of this is ever going to work, for users like me (and
probably you) who log in at the console and use 'startx', rather than
a GUI login with runlevel 4.

There's a simpler way to do it. I'm going to replace that wrapper
script.

As for version updates, that's for the maintainer to decide (I'm not
the maintainer, Skaendo is).