[Slackbuilds-users] peer-to-peer: aMule / mldonkey , gnutella, soulseek, transmission-qt, etc.?

David Chmelik dchmelik at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 03:37:46 UTC 2022

I thought I read aMule and/or mldonkey were being dropped...
     I don't use aMule because seems mldonkey does the same and more,
but seems it's dropped.
     I hate to see it go but don't know I could compile/maintain it.
     The compilation instructions seem complicated/incomplete and about
bad OSs.
     Has anyone heard from mldonkey maintainer?

     On topic of peer-to-peer (p2p) programs, seems SlackBuilds.org
(SBo) has two old GNUtellas: GNUtella (GTK,) was forked into versions of
Limewire, forked into Frostwire, forkedin to Wireshare. I'd like to see
the latter, as latest fork, so I emailed gtk-gnutella maintainer, but
maybe frostwire maintainer would be interested?  Seems you need a
certain Java... compilation instructions seem complicated/incomplete and
about bad OSs, but someone at www.gnutellaforums.com might know.

     I hope to see transmission-qt back.  The transmission-gtk doesn't
seem to be able to change to a 'night mode' (bright text on black.)

     It's good EiskaltDC++ and SoulSeek are still on but latter's six
years old but for some idiotic reason they made newer version require
SELinux.

     Do other useful ones exist?