[Slackbuilds-users] Updated ftbfs list

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Fri Mar 25 07:19:24 UTC 2022

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022, Ozan Türkyılmaz wrote:

> News on HandBrake:
> First of all, it seems HandBrake does not support 32bit compile anymore
> [1]. However, someone did get it compile it as 32bit [2] with disabling
> x265. I know x265 itself builds actually, if we can find a way to force
> it using the system x265 and we will be fine.

That's actually what I did. Debian's got a patch for HandBrake that
makes it use system libraries for everything it bundles... I adapted
that patch, made it only use the system x265.

It might be better to use the whole patch, and make HandBrake
depend on only system libraries, but that would be something for
the maintainer to try, not me (I just made it build with the minimum
possible change).