[Slackbuilds-users] 32-bit fails

Ozan Türkyılmaz ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 14:21:04 UTC 2022

Cum, 2022-03-25 tarihinde 11:56 -0400 saatinde, B. Watson yazdı:

> On Fri, 25 Mar 2022, Ozan Türkyılmaz wrote:
>
> The y2k38 issue... there's now kernel support for a 64-bit time_t on
> 32-bit, but AFAICT no support in glibc.

That's a big ABI break. I am not surprised they are holding it down.
BSD  people used binary compatibility layer to handle this ABI break.

> Didn't know that about Wine, that'll be nice to have when it's
> working. No more need for multilib or a VM with a full windows
> install
> just to play a couple of games I bought last century.

They started the work with 7.0. THey are working on converting them all
so we can use 32 bit wine without multiblib. THey worry that there wont
be 32 bit packages to use soon.

> I'm assuming SBo will continue to support 32-bit as long as Slackware
> does, and no longer.

Of course!

Regards,
Ozan